- a portion of starchy food such as bread or a wrap
- some lean meat, fish or non-meat alternative
- 2 portions of fruit and/or vegetables
- 1 portion of dairy food e.g. yogurt, small portion of cheese
- a drink of water or diluted no added sugar squash
Foods that contain sugar and/or fat should be included OCCASIONALLY - no more than ONCE PER WEEK. If they are to be included then a small fun size bar or a very small packet of crisps would be a better choice.
Foods to be avoided - pasties, sausage rolls, fizzy drinks, sweets, processed lunch kits, large chocolate bars and sugary cakes.
Drinks that include aspartame (an artificial sweetner) is 180 times sweeter than sugar!